Our Dublin based client a market leader in Insurance has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Data and Reporting Specialist. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a progressive organization in a Data Lead capacity.
The role of the Data Specialist has been created to strengthen the ability of the company to support a range of programs, specifically, having the necessary data available to correctly understand, manage, and report (financial and analytical) on the business. The successful candidate will play a significant support role within the company and will work closely with the various group business lines.
Primary duties and responsibilities
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Data Specialist will include the following:
• Specific responsibility for presenting our sales and claims data specifications to international clients and negotiating the provision of this data to the company.
• Ensure that we receive the data that will enable the company to fully support the agreed global business line strategy in conjunction with the Heads of the various Global Business Lines.
• Build and maintain the sales and claims data specifications in conjunction with the Business Manager – International Contracts
• In conjunction with the Global IT team, be fully aware of the technical requirements that the company has in relation to the sales and claims data needed for the various insurance and reinsurance contracts.
• Concerning ‘local’ insurance and reinsurance contracts, communicate the sales and claims data specifications to the respective subsidiaries. Work with those subsidiaries to ensure the smooth provision of such data to the Global team.
• Monitor the on-going provision of data and act as a single point of contact to manage and to seek the support of the relevant stakeholders, where required
• Follow and understand the development of existing international contracts in order to make certain that data for new products/countries etc. is fully made available in a timely fashion
• Be aware of the business intelligence needs of the company to make certain that the collection of sales and claims data meets those needs
• Develop excellent working relationships all stakeholders, as required
• Work closely with the team, in particular, the Business Manager – International Contracts, International Technical Underwriter and finance team.
The ideal candidate will be degree educated with more than 10 years’ insurance industry experience working within a company specializing in international insurance programs, in particular.
The successful candidate must:
• have a strong data background
• have excellent technical skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• be well organised, self-motivated and have a strong ability to work on their own initiative
• have a proven ability to support complex insurance programs
• possess excellent problem solving and relationship building skills
• have a proven ability to work well in a small team
• possess the proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• possess strong listening skills
• They currently use Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL for the Database, Talend as ETL and the SAP Business Objects suite for reporting
• Some knowledge of PL/SQL would be good
• For file transfer we use FTPS with various formats XML, flat file, …
• It can be useful for you that the person has some knowledge of Business Objects or comparable tools.
To apply for the Data Specialist role please click on the apply now button or contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000