This Senior DevOps Engineer role, based in Cork would see the ideal candidate joining a company that is entering an exciting growth stage. The company’s mission is to provide organisations worldwide with highly intelligent security that is affordable and easy to use.
This award winning company build security software for global customers throughout North/South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific and have some of the brightest minds in the security industry working with them. They are now looking for a likeminded person with strong Amazon Web Services experience to come on board and become a core part of the team.
The ideal candidate for this role will preferably have a background and/or interest in security and will have proven experience in helping architect, develop, monitor and manage large-scale software platforms for AWS.
- Collaborate with software engineering to deploy and operate the platform.
- Automate and streamline operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in the dev, test and production environments.
- Provide expertise on engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions for processes
- Oversee quality improvement using Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) efforts to ensure that deliverables are secure, scalable and reliable
- Lead and build strong global software development engineering teams and a strong, positive software engineering culture.
● Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
● Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
● Experience implementing strategies such as blue-green deployments, phoenix environments, immutable infrastructure, and infrastructure as code.
● Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
● Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
● A working understanding of code and script (Java, Python and Bash)
● Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
● Comfortable with Agile development practices like unit tests, and code reviews.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to work non-standard business hours.
Knowledge of enterprise security/threat intelligence/threat detection would be highly desirable as would experience in Network Security and/or application security.
Not only does this role offer a fantastic opportunity to work with a global leader in unified security management, it also offers a very competitive base salary plus shares in the company.
If this role sounds like the kind of opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you. Apply online now to express your interest!