A leading provider of wealth management, asset management, capital markets and financial advisory services are seeking senior Java developers to join their information systems team. Based in Dublin city this role will provide the successful candidate a great place to work with strong career progression prospects.
• Work in close co-ordination with our business users, vendors and other stakeholders to craft solutions to business problems considering functional and non-functional requirements. Develop and maintain business requirements, design documents and other appropriate project documentation;
• Design and develop technical solutions which are robust, secure and easily maintainable, in line with development standards and best practice;
• Take a lead role in the design and implementation of new components and functionality. Project management of key tasks and initiatives providing timely status and project updates to key stakeholders;
• Liaise with test team and all project stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully tested. Creation and execution of automated test scripts wherever possible. Evaluate new technologies & 3rd party solutions. Liaise with new & existing vendors to develop integrations with 3rd party solutions;
• Provide technical direction & leadership to more junior team members. Act as a mentor to junior members of the team;
• Contribute to overall department goals and objectives.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT Degree or equivalent 3rd Level Education;
• 5+ years Java/J2EE and related technologies, ideally using Spring;
• Strong knowledge of Spring technologies (MVC, Spring Boot, Batch and Integration);
• Experienced in developing web services, primarily REST;
• Experience of SQL & RDBMS development (preferably Oracle);
• Working knowledge of Linux;
• Appreciation of coding for web security;
• Experience translating high-level solutions into functional specifications and formal business requirements;
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in cross-functional project teams;
• An ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads and achieve critical deadlines.
If you are interested in discussing the Senior Java developer role, please click on the apply button or contact Ian Donnelly on 6621000