Our client, an innovative, multinational tech company, currently has a number of jobs available for mid and senior level DevOps Engineers. To be the right DevOps Engineer for this job you should have excellent communication skills as well as broad and outstanding technical abilities.
If you want to work in a DevOps job that is highly innovative, gives you the best access to cutting edge technologies and offers a working environment that is geared towards being fun and flexible, then this is the jobs for you.
• Architecture, designing, development and ownership of our core deployment platform.
• We’re passionate about open source software and ideally you’d want to contribute back to the open source ecosystem we’re part of.
• We use chef extensively as that’s our configuration management tool of choice and literally dozens of other tools and systems make up our platform.
• Our job is to improve these systems and keep them running. We predominantly write these systems in Ruby.
• Innovation and solving problems are always on our mind; our engineers are constantly evolving our systems and are motivated to rapidly deliver features to production.
• Collaboration is the key to success. Our small teams allow our Engineers to come up with quick and exciting solutions.
• Is Python or Ruby your core programming language?
• Have a passion for emerging technologies like Kubernetes and Docker?
• Have an interest in Microservice Architecture?
• Have you worked with any of the following: Ruby, Python, Openstack, Sinatra, Chef Development Kit, Elastic Search, Chef, Puppet, Git
• Have a background developing on Linux or Unix-like systems (Solaris, BSDs etc)?
• Have configuration management experience?
• Have you worked on large-scale, distributed, and highly concurrent systems?
• Do you have knowledge of methodologies, technologies and architectures employed by consumer internet applications?
• Develop the platform that drives core business transactions for some of the world’s biggest companies
• Work on complex, backend Ruby and Python components
• Help the team continue in best practices in Development Operations and Continuous Deployment
• Build critical common deployment systems at scale
• Work effectively in an Agile / Scrum methodology to deliver business value quickly and consistently
If you believe that you, or somebody you know, could be the right person for this role please do not hesitate to contact. Stephen Waters. email@example.com