IT Service Desk Analyst / Network Administrator
· Available to interview suitable candidates immediately
· Would like someone to start in 3-5 weeks.
The Service Desk Analyst role comprises of technical support responsibilities within the ITIL aligned Service Desk. The person will be involved in the day-to-day provision of Service Desk support of IT services to Ireland staff.
• The person will ensure that incoming tickets are effectively managed and assigned for resolution in a timely manner.
• Troubleshoot issues or standard requests with IT services or escalating such issues, when appropriate, to the IT Manager.
• Logging and taking ownership of all incidents, requests and other ticket types requested by the business or end users –through to completion.
• Coordinate the communication and resolution process around critical tickets like Priority ONE incidents.
• Follow up with other support staff (service resources) involved in resolution to advise the status of their open tickets and ensure incidents are resolved and requests are fulfilled
• Document issue resolution information and relevant knowledge bases.
• Expand technical knowledge of currently supported IT services with the goal of being able to resolve more challenging tickets on first contact.
YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO
• Create a positive support experience and build strong relationships through problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling users with a professional manner
• Propose opportunities for improvement to reduce the impact of incidents
• Highlight any individual, user or team training / knowledge gaps that may exist and work with the IT Manager to address such gaps.
• Inform the IT Manager, in a timely fashion, of any situation that may affect the delivery or quality of service to end users.
• Provide after hours and on-call support as required.
• Provide weekly reports to IT Manager, highlighting current status or trends, issues/ risks and successes.
• Provide training to staff on various business applications
• Ideally 2+ years’ experience in a Service Desk, support role or customer service role in an IT environment.
• Experience of dealing with both internal & external customers at various levels.
• Experience with Insurance Broking applications
• Technical competency in Windows Server 2008/ 2012 server
• Windows Terminal Services server/ Citrix Server
• Familiar with the Microsoft Office product suite (e.g. MS Word, MS Visio, MS SharePoint).
• Active Directory, DNS & DHCP/ WINS server
• Exchange server 2010/ 2013
• File and Print server
• Antivirus: Symantec/ Sophos and Kaspersky
• Mail and Web marshal
• Mobile mail solutions
• Avaya IP Office
• Cisco routers & switches
• ITIL Foundation (v3) (2011) certification a distinct advantage.
• Someone with a high level of computer literacy
• Flexible for shift working covering 8:00AM to 6.00PM
• Someone with excellent attention to detail to be able to follow work instructions in a careful and diligent manner whilst being able to recognize opportunities for improvement in such documentation.
• Someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills - fluent in business English both written and verbal.
• Self-motivated, reliable and professional.
• Someone with strong analytical & troubleshooting capabilities together with problem solving experience with an enthusiastic and ‘can-do’ approach.
• Able to multi-task and respond to changing priorities.
• Able to refer and escalate issues using initiative and discretion.
• Consistent and accurate approach.
• Someone who is capable of planning their own work and meet deadlines.