QA Automation Engineer
About the company: Our client have won numerous awards over the years which has seen them become a Global leader in their domain which is due to keeping up to date using cutting edge technologies, giving them a competitive edge and has seen the company expand at a rapid rate to accommodate the success they have experienced.
About the Opportunity:
The QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for implementing and extending the existing web UI framework while defining and building the native framework. This new framework must cover platform API test automation, third party API test automation and custom test automation, where required.
• Implement and extend the existing web UI automation framework for the transaction processing platform that executes automated test scripts in a robust and scalable manner.
• Implement a strategy to run automated test cycles on a nightly basis while advising and mentoring more junior members to maintain.
• Build and maintain a solution (or integrate a third party solution) to output test results on a daily basis that are reliable and user friendly that can be used to drive a reduction in critical production incidents and help us manage risk more effectively.
• Work with the QA manager and developers to complement the level of unit / system testing being executed by developers using BDD methodologies and identify and reduce any gaps that exist through UI automated tests.
• Help define and evolve best practice QA processes and procedures, relating to both Agile and automation activities.
• Work closely with scrum teams to build effective and useful tests by providing test scenarios as part of user story reviews.
• Participating in the Agile development methodology incl. daily stand-up meetings
• 2+ years experience in a QA role, ideally in a Microsoft web based environment.
• Experience in front end web UI testing and back-end component testing (i.e. API and operator interfaces) gained in an online transaction processing environment.
• Exposure to C#, Specflow and SQL-server implementations
• Experience with BDD methodologies using Domain Specific Languages such as Gherkin
• Experience with test management tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Target Process, SwiftKanban, M/S Sharepoint)
• Experience with Selenium Webdriver, NUnit or relevant equivalent.
• Desirable experience with API testing tools
• Experience working in an agile development environment
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.