MIS Reporting Specialist
The MIS Specialist is responsible for the reporting across the company of a database. They will also be involved in the planning and development of reports as well as troubleshooting any data/report issues on behalf of users.
- Data remains consistent across the database;
- Data is clearly defined;
- Users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs;
- There is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in typical work activities.
- Maintaining and pro-actively managing existing reporting infrastructure.
- Ensure that data dictionary is maintained.
- Designing and documenting new reporting requirements.
- Provide ad hoc data extracts and reports as required.
- Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Ensure data integrity and security.
- Work with business user to ensure MI is validated for completeness and accuracy of data.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role/similar experience.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Experience in relation to SQL, Query Building and reporting tools.
- Sound understanding of the other Microsoft technologies including Excel.
- Analytical and logical thinker with good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work closely with business users and have corresponding knowledge and understanding of their roles.
- Self driven with ability to take ownership of tasks and to follow through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a busy and demanding environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid documentation and record keeping ability.
For more information contact Peter Mulvihill on email@example.com or 01 685 4414.