Permanent role based in South Dublin, Ireland
Excellent salary, bonus and benefits package on offer (apply now for more details!)
Job Reference: BBBH10181
Our client has an immediate permanent position for a Data Architect based in Dublin.
The successful candidate will provide the direction and governance of all database design and data modelling changes for global enterprise business applications.
This role may suit an experienced technical DBA looking to move into a Data Architect function.
What does the Company do?
Our client is a global services company with business operations in the US, Canada, South America, Australia and Europe who have recently established a Centre of Software Development Excellence, Innovation and Support in Dublin’s Southside.
Their focus is to provide a state of the art platform to their global businesses, delivering stable, efficient systems to customers, retiring legacy applications and transitioning to more modern technologies.
- The Data Architect will assess all proposed database design and data model changes working in conjunction with Solution Architects.
- Review all proposed data updates.
- Advise on designs to enhance database performance.
- Maintain master documentation, diagrams, data dictionaries.
- Improve design standards and deployment process.
- Manage and support the Development and QA databases.
- Construct and sustain all triggers, constraints and indexes
- Review and refine database design standards and process periodically.
- Provide requirements to DevOps for building and enhancing automatic schema and data update deployment into the continuous integration process.
- Liaising with the Production Support DBAs help define processes and standards.
- At least 5 years’ experience in enterprise/solution database architecture.
- Experience working within an Agile environment.
- Strong relational database design and data modelling experience ideally with Sybase or Oracle.
- Experience is database administration (DBA).
- Experience using Cassandra.
- Five or more years of direct business interaction in designing technical solutions experience.
- Experience working with offshore technical teams.
- The ability to design processes and building and architectural practice.
- Experience with Continuous Integration environments/technology.
Interested in this opportunity?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today to: email@example.com
Data Architect, Solution Architect, Product Owner, Agile Scrum Master and DevOps Engineering opportunities available with this client - Get in touch now!