As part of the Systems group, our Senior Systems Engineer will have an exciting opportunity to assist in providing his/her system knowledge to lead development effort. This role entails utilising your good understanding of system design to connect pieces across the different functional elements. You will ensure the product requirements are defined and the design team built and delivered to these requirements. As part of a new team you will have excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and develop your career within a Global business.
- Provide technical support to a wide range of problems pertaining to specific programs and projects.
- Consistently apply Systems Engineering Techniques such as requirements synthesis, traceability, risk management (ISO 14971), verification and Validation, product architecting and lifecycle management.
- Select methods
- Work effectively in a cross functional team, in a collaborative manner to identify, communicate and mitigate project/program needs based on lifecycle phase.
- Exercise judgement within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Use disciplined work methodologies utilising scientific and statistical methods in resolving problems, devising tests and setting specifications
Essential to this role is your proven experience in developing capital equipment, medical devices or instrumentation. You must have exposure to developing and executing integration or test procedures and use of ISO 14971 Risk Management methodologies. You will be degree qualified (or equivalent) ideally in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering. Proficiency in the use of Traceability tools such as DOORS or Team Foundation Server (TFS) are also required in this role.
Ideally you will have knowledge in one or more areas related to cytometry or cell analysis such as signal processing, embedded systems, electronics and/or software. Knowledge of fluidics, optics, and/or assay reagents would be highly beneficial in this role. Experience of stress and hazards analysis as well as developing and executing systems integration or performance characterisation testing through virtual or real test scenarios would be preferred.
This role would be well suited to a team player who has experience of working in cross-functional teams and possesses a passion for their work. You will be an excellent communicator who is capable of providing clear guidance to teams.
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems for different needs across the healthcare continuum. But we serve all of them with one single and relentless human purpose: advancing the world of health. This single purpose drives each of our employees around the world in making a difference in the lives of millions.
We are expanding our footprint across Ireland which a new state of the art office opening in the next few months. Join us and be part of a passionate team of individuals dedicated to improving the lives of people all around the world.
Our people have discovered the difference, now its your turn!