itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client, a leader in software and mobile applications supplying ground breaking products and platforms to some of the world's largest companies, in the hiring of a Senior Software Engineer to provide software design and development leadership.
This is a role for a Senior Developer/Software Engineer with deep and proven experience developing enterprise grade software and full stack web development utilising Agile development methodology.
Our client employs a wide range of highly interesting technologies in their development. You will need to have strong expertise in at least some of these technologies and a curiosity and willingness to learn the others.
* Degree educated in an IT discipline or equivalent experience and industry recognised qualifications
* A minimum of 5 years commercial experience designing and developing enterprise-grade cross platform software and applications
* Real world experience implementing Agile software development
* Expert level in at least one Object Oriented language, in particular Java, C and Objective C
* Deep expertise in design and development of RESTful APIs
* Strong expertise and experience with automation, deployment and config management tools and technologies such as Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Jenkins
* Experience with Unit Testing, Automation testing (using likes of Geb, Protractor or Selenium) and Enterprise Design Patterns
* Strong knowledge of Spring. Knowledge of Guice is highly beneficial
* Build technology experience with the likes of Gradle and Maven
* Experience working with application server technologies such as Tomcat, Jetty and/or Undertow
This is a great opportunity to work within a highly skilled and experienced team designing and developing mission critical software for a major industry. You will be working in a fantastic city centre location and will enjoy a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply via the relevant links or email or call Tom Leonard on 01 218 7721. All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.