CTO - AVP Software Development
Chief Technology Officer
Reporting into the Managing Director of the Irish operation of this Multinational, your role will focus on managing over 70+ resources (software developers, testers, business analysts, etc) in the engineering of enterprise software systems deployed globally within the organisation. (The Group operates internationally and has '000's of employees worldwide.)
Working closely with the Managing Director (Ireland) & interfacing with the Major Client Management group, Corporate Business and Senior Executive Management, you will take responsibility for the strategic leadership & management of the development of software solutions, essentially the core Financial Software Systems used within the organisation and integrating with multiple business partners systems globally.
Ideally you will have worked in software product companies previously or possess significant experience of enterprise systems, ideally financial software systems / solutions development within the financial services or Insurance sector. You must also be customer and delivery focussed with a penchant for innovation and technology business strategy.
As a Key Member of the Senior Management team, your core responsibilities will be:
* Defining the strategic & technology roadmap within the group organisation
* Leading the design, development & delivery of enterprise software solutions, utilising leading-edge technologies, that support €100's+ millions of new business annually
* Strategic Involvement in the delivery of Information systems across internal & external business partners
* Senior Management/Executive Level experience in Software Development, Technology and ideally Financial Services Business roles
* Exceptional Leadership & motivational skills & excellent presentation skills (to executive management level & to large technical groups) with an ability to direct multi-region software development teams
* Proven leadership experience in developing, managing, mentoring & leading an enterprise software development group
* Proven ability to lead and manage large teams of highly skilled software engineering and technical personnel
* Strong technology expertise, ideally within Agile Development environments
* Strong communication skills - oral, written, listening, executive presentations
* Project Management / Programme management
* Excellent People management & coaching skills
* Proven ability to formulate & execute strategic initiatives
* Budgeting and financial management
* Innovative, creative and driven personality traits
* Experience of quality management systems and certifications such as ISO and CMM is useful
* Willingness to Travel, when required
Salary : Commensurate with Experience + benefits package
Please note that only EU/EEA citizens or existing work visa holders need apply.
Terms: Executive Manager, leader, Software Development Director, AVP, Assistant VP, Software development, Applications Development, Chief Technology Officer, CTO, Software Director, Application Development, Financial services software development, software engineering, Digital technology, software manager, Microsoft technologies, Database technologies, Microsoft .NET, SQL server, C#.NET, Web technologies, project manager, programme manager, Program Manager, software delivery manager, Technology Manager, Technology Director, IT Director, Head of Technology, Head of Software, Head of IT, Software Development Manager, Software Delivery Manager, Applications Manager, customer XP, Digital channels, Technology Delivery Manager, Technical Manager, Software Delivery Manager, Head of Software Engineering, Director of Software Engineering, Director of Software Applications, Director of Software Development, Software Delivery, Insurance, banking, investment funds, Director, Senior Manager, CTO, Chief Technology Officer, Software Development Manager.