The ESRI invites applications for the full-time position of IT Support Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual who would like to progress his/her career in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will have exposure to all aspects of the IT function, including involvement in Corporate and IT projects.
• Log all calls in the ESRI Helpdesk database and to identify, evaluate and prioritise technical issues and queries.
• Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user friendly, timely and professional manner and keep users informed of call status.
• Provide 1st and 2nd level technical support to staff on all hardware (PCs, Printers) and software/applications queries.
• Escalate more complex calls to senior IT staff.
• Liaise with 3rd party providers (as necessary) to ensure speedy resolution of all application support issues.
• Installing, upgrading, configuring and troubleshooting of IT related software and hardware.
• PC setup for new staff, desk moves as required and cancellation of access for leavers.
• Support and basic maintenance for both network and standalone printers.
• Ensuring all ESRI PC’s and laptops are patched and running latest Anti-Virus application.
Encryption of hardware as necessary.
• Assist with system administration tasks, e.g. user accounts, backups.
• Maintain accurate hardware records for all IT assets.
• Update and create documentation and procedures as requested.
• Participate in IT development projects and provide project support where requested.
• Carry out general IT related duties as instructed by the Head of IT.
• Any other tasks as assigned by IT Management.
The ESRI network runs on Microsoft Windows Server Platform. The successful candidate will be providing support for desktop and laptops running Microsoft Windows Operating System and also be proving support for Microsoft Office along with all other specialised software packages which vary by division and user.
Key Criteria: Qualifications, Experience and Skillset
• A B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent;
• A minium of 6 months experience in a similar role;
• Experience in Microsoft Operating Systems;
• Excellent customer service skills with ability to deal effectively and professionally with telephone and face to face support requests;
• Superior ability to work as part of a team and on multiple projects;
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build good working relationships;
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral), and effective report-writing;
• Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
• Proven ability to work to deadlines;
• Ability to independently plan, organise and prioritise activities;
• Willingness to gain additional knowledge and stay abreast of current technologies.
Location ESRI, Whitaker Square, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2
Terms & Application Procedure
The role is full-time (37 hours per week, with flexitime, in cooperation with the other IT staff, to ensure coverage of the helpdesk function between 8.00am and 5.30pm Monday – Friday. ) and will be filled on a 3 year fixed-term contract basis at Administrative Officer (Standard) level.
The salary scale for this position is €30,221 - €54,329 and the successful candidate will be appointed at the first point of the scale in line with Government pay policy, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position please click on the link below. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 10th February with interviews taking place thereafter. All applications will be acknowledged. Late or incomplete applications will not be processed.