Our client a leader in Financial Services with a great reputation in the Industry have a job opportunity for a Technical Business Analyst. A leading provider of wealth management, asset management, capital markets and financial advisory services in Ireland. This position will involve delivering technology solutions to business requirements articulated by the Portfolio Management and Broker Intermediary teams within our clients’ business. The successful candidate will become an integral part of the Business Applications team and will contribute towards maximising the efficiency and functionality across the various applications that support the Private Clients division in meeting their business goals and targets.
Based in Dublin City Centre, free access to an onsite gym and fitness studio, and impressive social calendar are just some of the unique benefits employees enjoy whilst working for our client. Performance related bonuses, generous pension contributions and investment in your further education also demonstrate the value they place in developing and rewarding their staff.
• To design solutions that deliver improvements in business efficiency and productivity;
• To develop business requirements, functional specifications, test plans and related documentation in support of systems initiatives;
• To work closely with business users to understand issues & identify system and/or process solutions;
• To proactively identify organisational impacts as a result of new business process or system deployments;
• To provide timely status and project updates to I.S. management and business owners;
• To liaise with members of the IT function and external vendors to determine how best deliver those requirements;
• To analyse, understand and support existing applications;
• To investigate queries, escalating problems as required;
• To carry out preliminary testing of software changes;
• To work closely with members of the IT function and business users in designing and executing test plans.
• A computer Science/Information Technology related degree;
• A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience with a proven track record of working in a technically complex environment;
• Very strong relational database skills - ideally Oracle and MySQL;
• Software development background with demonstrable achievements in delivering solutions to complex business requirements;
• A proven track record of working in applications support within the financial services industry;
• Well-developed IT skills combining a solid understanding of and experience in a range of system development life cycle methodologies ;
• Experience of translating business needs into formal business requirements & functional specifications;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
• An ability to prioritise workloads and achieve critical deadlines;
• A proven record as a team player;
• A record of providing excellent customer service and managing client expectations;
• Knowledge of AS/400, Windows and Unix technologies would be beneficial;
• Experience of User Acceptance Testing would be beneficial;
• Experience in managing projects would be beneficial.
To apply for the Technical Business Analyst role please contact Stacy Keogh on 01 662 1000.