Our client a leading Insurance provider in Dublin Central have a job opening for a QA Tester to join their IT team. The Test Analyst is responsible for the test planning and test execution across all of the clients applications. The Test Analyst must ensure that the testing is carried to the standards defined in the SDLC and Internal Testing Strategy and ensure that the testing complies with Audit and Regulatory standards. The Test Analyst must work closely with the IT teams as well as various business units and is a key member of the IT delivery team.
• Review requirements and design documentation created by internal business analysts and external vendors.
• Provide high level and low level test estimates.
• Complete risk assessments during planning and throughout test phase as required.
• Support the definition and creation of test approach and strategy documents.
• Act as Test Prime/Lead on BAU/Project activities as required, taking ownership for delivery of the testing phase, through definition of overall test approach and plan, chairing and leading daily defect calls, test case allocation, engagement with test manager and daily status reporting.
• Prepare test conditions, scripts and supporting data
• Execute test scripts, logging results and defects in line with the internal defect management process
• Researches and analyses problems to support triage and resolution.
• Accurately and clearly documents records for further action.
• Contributes to or creates daily/weekly test status reports.
• Maintains effective lines of communication with all project members and actively contribute to team/project meetings
• Ensures that testing is compliant with regulatory, legislative and company standards.
• Helps in training and mentoring of test resources as required.
• Check / Review the Test Case documents – System, Integration and User Acceptance prepared by Vendors and test analysts
• Support and promote the review, implementation of testing automation tools, lead the creation of regression pack
• A good knowledge of the Insurance Industry sector
• Strong knowledge of functional system, integration and acceptance testing
• Knowledge of Insurance system an advantage
• Good knowledge of JIRA, SQL, XML, test tools
• Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Driven individual with strong interest to learn new skills and willing to work in a fast paced, supportive team environment.
• Experience working with SCRUM an advantage.
• Test automation experience as well as test tool exposure a strong advantage
• 3-5 years previous experience in a Test Analyst role
If you feel you have the required experience and are interested in this great job opportunity please call Stacy Keogh on 016621000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org