My client is a leading global provider of reinsurance and insurance products. The team shares a passion for rapid innovation, creativity and a strong belief in the entrepreneurial culture which is a cornerstone of their competitive advantage. Due to expansion, they are seeking a system administrator to join their team.
The successful candidate will serve as first and second line support for the Dublin office for hardware and software problems and will also be responsible for the day to day management, configuration and maintenance of desktops, laptops and mobile devices and operations monitoring for data centre based equipment.
Including but are not limited to:
• Responding promptly to user requests for technical assistance.
• Using the Service Desk system to record, track and manage requests, changes, issues and tasks.
• Managing the local phone system; creating and modifying phone and voice mail accounts and records via the phone system management console.
• Installing, configuring and supporting mobile devices such as tablets, cell phones, laptops and other devices.
• Participating in the day-to-day installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT managed systems.
• Creating, enabling and disabling Active Directory user accounts and/or privileges upon request.
• Performing daily/weekly checks of all Dublin meeting rooms.
• Assisting with ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimisation, in accordance with corporate global standards.
• Automating PC and laptop deployment and monitoring tasks using standard tools.
• Ensuring timely completion of IT projects and business based initiatives.
• Troubleshooting and addressing reported problems with Video Conferencing platform.
• Managing daily backup operations to ensure effective operation of the global commvault backup system; to include tape changes and the secure handling of data recorded media.
• Monitoring and supporting Dublin data centre infrastructure environment to ensure systems are operating to an optimal standard.
• Liaising with third parties and data centre security to manage the change control process around data centre access.
• Working with IT Security staff to ensure all relevant policies are adhered to.
• Responding to security related incidents and assisting the wider Service Desk team with scheduled system patching.
• Proactively notifying management about any potential systems issues.
• Contributing to ongoing improvements within the IT support environment.
• Maintaining operational, configuration and other procedural documentation.
• Lifting, carrying and installing computer and printer equipment.
• Providing out of hours support and assistance as required.
• Retaining good record management of IT’s SOX based processes and procedure.
• Managing tasks of on-site consultant.
• VMware, Linux, and Microsoft certification an advantage
• ITIL certification an advantage
• Network Plus, A+ Certification
• Dell Product certification an advantage
• Commvault experience would be an advantage
• 3+ years’ experience supporting a multi-vendor environment including Linux/VMWare/Microsoft Products
• 3+ Years’ experience in Server and desktop hardware monitoring and support
• Ability to work within teams based across multiple time zones
• Experience with and understanding of fundamental network technologies (DHCP, DNS, VPN, NAT, etc.)
• Solid experience and proven track record in Server hardware support and implementation of Dell Server products
• Experience with various data centre technologies including VMware, Linux, Microsoft Server Products 2008 – 2012R2,
• Dell Servers
• PowerShell experience and advantage
• A keen interest in automation and process improvement
• Experience with and understanding of network operations at Layers 2 and 3
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills, Able to work on own initiative
• Experience with managing and working with Network Monitoring products, SolarWinds’
Orion experience an advantage.
If you would like to apply for the systems engineer role, please contact Ian Donnelly on 01 6621000