Spector are hiring for an energetic first line Service Desk engineer who is looking to fast track their career in IT. We offer a great place to work and a focused environment in which you will be expected to develop your skills achieving your MCSA certification within the first 6-9 months. In reward for your hard work we offer a set of fast track salary reviews that are commensurate with your performance industry certifications. You will work as part of team both on help desk and in project deployment scenarios as your skills develop.
Spector is a provider of Managed IT Support Services and Solutions to the SME sector in the greater Dublin region. We provide fully outsourced IT management, cyber security and continual improvement programmes to our clients. We are proactive by nature and employ the best and most recent technology solutions to give us the competitive edge.
Full-time Permanent Position
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the daily duties and responsibilities expected of our Engineers. These are the most common tasks and duties, but are certainly not the only ones. Ultimately the Engineer’s role is to provide resolution to customer issues in a pleasant, timely fashion.
· Work on Service Desk tickets that come in via phone or email
· Monitor and manage system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
· Support technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
· Installation and configuration of workstations
· Malware removal
· Configure users in a Microsoft Domain Environment
· Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
· Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, and Terminal Services
· Install and configuration of a variety of Line of Business Applications
· Support print quality and printer networking issues
· Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
· Escalate service requests that require Senior Engineer level support
· Understand our internal processes by completing assigned training materials
· System documentation maintenance and review
· Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
To perform this job successfully, an individual really needs to possess the following personal traits:
· Excellent communication skills. Most of the job is dealing with people at different levels of organisations and clear communication is essential – both verbal and written.
· Good awareness – we need a good team player that can engage and help others in the team when they are under pressure.
· Ability to learn quickly – we provide a training programme that requires self paced learning. This is a key component in the job and your ability to progress your career quickly.
· A love of technology – an ideal candidate will have technology running through their veins and impart that passion to clients and the rest of the team.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Education & Qualifications:
· Minimum 2 years working in a structured helpdesk environemnt.
· 3rd Level Diploma/Degree would be beneficial.
· Proven track record of learning with industry led certifications (at least one of the following is a requirement - any of the following CCNA, Comptia + or MCITP, MCSA.
· Any other relevant service or project driven qualifications i.e. ITIL.
€25k-€30k depending on experience, qualifications mix.
Training and certifications path provided.
Company bonus structure.