Our Client is a profitable and an exciting early stage company with great people and a great work culture. They are providing digital innovations to a wide range of big name companies globally. They are creating digital experiences and productivity platforms unrivalled in the market. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of this great team and rapid growth.
Our client is looking for a Back-end Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.
• Design of the overall architecture of the web application
• Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
• Building reusable code and libraries for future use
• Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
• Implementation of security and data protection - Maintain and improve our existing websites
Skills and Qualifications
• Proficient knowledge of PHP - Expert in Symfony2 and 3.
• Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop), and optimizing output to match the specific platform
• Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jade, EJS, Twig - Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors such as Less, Sass.
• Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Data migration, transformation, and scripting
• Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests - Good understanding of AngularJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS.
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, ability to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
• Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, Gulp, etc.
To apply for the PHP Developer (Full Stack) role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.