This is an excellent Dublin based IT Job opportunity for experienced candidates with ideally recent commercial Scala experience or an excellent full stack java skill set and a passion for / interest in working in Scala. You will work with great engineers in a great environment building applications utilised globally.
• Passionate about developing high quality, object orientated enterprise solutions.
• Innovative & Analytical in your thinking.
• Disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to design and construct layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or application.
• Detail oriented with a deep understanding of engineering best practices.
• Proven ability to take lead role in projects that span multiple teams.
• A good understanding of Agile methodologies and continuous delivery.
• Bachelors or higher degree in a computer related field or equivalent is preferable
• 3+ years of OO design and development experience in an object oriented language such as Java, C#, Scala, etc...
• Familiar with development tools and processes, such as source control (e.g. SVN), IDE (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ), JUnit test, debugging, profiling, Jira, Bamboo, Crucible, etc.
• Solid grasp and fluent in common Design Patterns; UML is a plus
• Aptitude for coding and designing for performance, scalability, availability and security
• Must be a collaborative team player with good verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for the Java / Scala Engineer role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.