Our client is a global financial services institution with a significant innovation and R&D centre in Dublin. They are building out a core team in Dublin that will be responsible for the rollout of Salesforce across the bank. They are looking for an experienced Development Manager with strong technical, operational and staff management experience to lead out this effort.
Role Description - Summary:
The Client Relationship Management (CRM) Programme has been initiated to implement a group wide Salesforce platform. The initial focus will be on the creation of an authoritative data backbone for client on-boarding and Know Your Client (KYC) data.
The programme will also focus on the delivery of CRM functionality to improve customer experience and cost/ value decisions across group wide divisions. The programme will establish a Centre of Excellence for Salesforce platform delivery across the bank.
Once established, the programme will rationalise the wider CRM system landscape seeking to optimise for efficiency and reduce the total cost of ownership. The final phase will seek to drive long term client value through adding sophisticated CRM tools, analytics and technologies leveraging the Salesforce platform capabilities integration of cloud and data.
The Strategic Salesforce programme team are looking to hire a Development Manager to support the Strategic Salesforce Delivery Manager to set up and lead a new team in Dublin. You will be a key part of a global leadership team.
This team will become be the core internal development capability for Salesforce and Integration with the banks systems. The team will be responsible for the delivery of core internal capabilities, new features, engineering common and reusable components to help divisional adoption of the Salesforce platform. They will also be providing capability and expertise to support and guide divisional Salesforce implementations.
You will direct, manage and participate in the day-to-day operations of a team of software developers along with managing all the operational aspects of teams to ensure business and product objectives are met. You will provide administrative, technical and people team leadership, including performance management and coaching.
Areas of Specialty:
• Software Design: You will manage a team dedicated to design including reusable frameworks, shared services, etc.
• Software Development: You will manage a team developing and delivering software to meet a technical solution
• Test Automation: You will be responsible for developing testing software for unit, integration, & regression testing, prior to Release QA & Test.
• Manage the software development team, and oversee the day to day requests, projects, and strategy
• Work closely with project/programme management and architecture team
• Continually improve the performance of the team in regards to SDLC, Quality Assurance (QA) and deployment practices
• Act as an expert on the platform in team meetings and product development opportunities
• Ensure projects are completed on time and according to corporate quality standards
• Facilitate communication across the team including development status, design and implementation
• Ensure projects are completed according to product specifications and are properly documented.
• Delivery of changes utilising Agile/ Scrum development practices, in line with development strategy across the full SDLC with support on:
• Functional & Technical Solution Design (considering maintainability)
• Development and QA Automation
• Ensure a smooth/successful transition to the production (steady-state) environment
• Manage Level 3 application support as required
• Capture Build and Deployment notes, develop Software Product Deployment & Operating Instructions
• Ensure the delivery of Software Product Operating Instructions.
• Significant experience with development technologies, 5 years+ experience in a development lead / management role
• Salesforce development experience desirable, ideally CRM system experience (Inc. Client data/ multinational)
• Enterprise application integration (EAI) solutions for distributed enterprise applications
• Experience in service design adhering to Service Orientated Architecture (SOA) concepts & knowledge of open source Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) frameworks like Apache Camel and Message Oriented Middleware (MOM)
• Experience managing software developers, preferably in medium/large companies
• Exceptional management and people skills ability to line manage staff
• Passion for quality and continuous improvement of processes and software, well versed with software engineering practices (e.g. Continuous integration, Build/Deploy automation)
• Experience with Test Driven Development and Agile software development methodologies
• Ability to work in fast paced environment and create a positive working atmosphere
• Passion about sharing knowledge and best practices, and promote collaboration
• Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrix organisations.
Candidate must have experience in several of the following:
• Strong knowledge of Java programming language
• Salesforce Force.com, APEX, Visual Force experience (Lightening a plus)
• UI Development expertise, HTML5 development including frameworks such as AngularJS and GWT
• Enterprise Integration Solutions (Apache Camel, Tibco ESB, Mule, Informatica )
• Web API development experience – Rest/SOAP Services and SOAP processing tools, REST, JSON and REST frameworks
• Experience in XML, XML schemas, XSLT standards, XML parsing
• Familiar with DevOps tools such as, Eclipse, Git, GitHub, BitBucket, Sonar, Jira, Jama, Confluence, Crucible, Jenkins and TeamCity
Experience with the following would be highly desirable:
• Analytics experience with tools such as Tableau, QlickView etc.
• Knowledge of standard database like oracle, MS-SQL and appreciation of Big Data/ NO SQL approaches
• Knowledge of web containers, like Apache, and J2EE servers: JBoss, Oracle Weblogic, IBM Websphere etc.
• Knowledge of Cloud Solutions and hosting / cloud patterns such as Kubernates and Docker
• Integration approaches for messaging, telephony & email
• Workflow platforms (IBM BPM, Pega etc.)
• Exposure to modelling languages like UML, Data modelling, and Data service contracts.
Education / Certification
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or Software Engineering or an IT-related discipline (or equivalent)
• Any relevant technical certifications e.g. Salesforce certifications.
To apply for the Development Manager (VP) - Salesforce Programme role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.