Our Client is a profitable and an exciting early stage company with great people and a great work culture. They are providing digital innovations to a wide range of big name companies globally. They are creating digital experiences and productivity platforms unrivalled in the market. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of this great team and rapid growth.
Our client is looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include creation and translation of the UI/UX design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the backend developer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
• Develop new user-facing features
• Maintain and improve website
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Make the UI/UX designs
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 - Basic skills with Photoshop and web design tools.
• Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
• Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
To apply for the Front End Developer /Designer role please contact Hugh McCarthy on 01 662 1000.