Our Client a well established consultancy company are looking to hire a release and automation engineer They are working with a wide range of clients, on a number of complex projects that are transforming the way business is being done in Ireland. They are looking for talented Developers to join their Software Development team. As a Release Developer, you will join a team delivering a range of enterprise and web / mobile solutions for our clients using the latest technologies and Agile methodologies.
As a Release Developer, you will work within our Release Management Team and work closely with the Development and QA Teams on all software builds and releases.
The role will involve:
• Release and Deployment management.
• Automating the build, Continuous Integration (CI) and deployment processes.
• Support automated build, release & test solutions, internal tools development for automation, maintenance of build environments, etc.
• Coordinate releases including pre-release checks, validation of release change sets, release schedule, code freeze, SVN to GIT migration, etc.
• Creation of new environments and updates to these environments including configuration of Jenkins and application support.
The candidate must possess:
• 2+ years' experience in Software Configuration Management / Build Engineer role.
• Build management experience using SVN / GIT / ANT / Maven / Jenkins / Automated scripts, JIRA, etc.
• Experience in Linux server maintenance and shell scripting.
• Good understanding and experience in Test Driven Development, Automated Testing Frameworks and Continuous Integration using tools such as:
• Strong English written and oral communication skills.
• Practical experience in all phases and roles involved in the development lifecycle.
The candidate should possess:
• Understanding and experience of the Agile / SCRUM based development methodology.
• Experience of Java / J2EE based software development.
• Experience administering and developing with Oracle databases.
• Willing to learn new technologies.
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me an email back to email@example.com or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.