Release Engineer (.Net) - Dublin 2
The Release Engineer (.NET) will be responsible for maintaining and improving an enterprise continuous integration/delivery framework as part of the Release and Environments Management Team. This team are responsible for recommending, developing, and implementing the automated frameworks to maximize the efficiency of the build and release process. The team work within an Agile environment and support multiple project teams and codebases to enable the deployment of application releases to controlled test and production environments, which span across multiple on premise servers and cloud infrastructure.
The role will involve:
• Collaboration with Software Development, QA Engineers, and System Architects to continuously improve the efficiency and reliability of build and deployment processes to support all phases of development, QA and production releases.
• Provide and maintain a detailed understanding of the structure and inter-dependencies of systems and leverage this knowledge to improve our build and release processes.
• Maintain and enhance our Continuous Integration environment on a real-time basis, monitor builds, maintain configuration, and develop automation.
• Creation and maintenance of environments using Windows Server/Azure cloud services and components and bespoke applications
• Solid experience with C#, .NET, MSBuild/NAnt and PowerShell for Automation.
• Demonstrated expertise in a range of automation tools and approaches in a Windows environment (e.g. Git, Jenkins, TFS, PowerShell, Batch), as well as other scripting languages.
• Solid experience of the TFS, GIT, Jenkins/TeamCity/TFSBuild, MSBuild, and APIs for Continuous Integration builds.
• Hands on experience in Automation of Web Application and Windows Application using .NET Framework versions.
• Experience working with DevOps methodologies.
• Building and packaging of .NET websites, MS SQL, Windows services.
• Manage migration to Git from TFS and Branching/Merging.
• Day to day support of TFS, Jenkins, environments.
• Experience with rapidly troubleshoot application configuration issues in .NET environment build deployment model.
• Comfortable knowledge of IIS, Windows Server 2008/2012/etc. Strong experience in application management and troubleshooting skills.
• Hands on experience with modern IT practices influencing Change, Configuration, Release and/or development - DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Agile, SCRUM, MS Build, .NET deployment and development.
• Programming knowledge in .net, C#, Java, MS SQL, (TSQL), or other languages for integration of technologies.
• Applied Information Technology Service Management Deployment Experience in large scale IT organizations.
• Automation scripting using tools, such as, PowerShell, Batch and DevOps tools such as DSC, Ansible, Chef.
• DevOps tools, such as, Git, TFS, Jenkins, Teamcity, Microsoft Coded UI Test, Selenium.
• Experience with tools like Vagrant, Docker and Ansible to automate the creation of VM’s and provisioning/deployment for development, test and production is a plus.
• Experience working with Azure cloud services and Azure components is a plus, also automation of administration of these using PowerShell is useful
• Experience of the following useful:
• Database Administration
• Biztalk Server 2010/2013 R2
• Test data generation
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.