About the company:
Our client is a booming SAS company using GPS technology and offering exciting products to small and medium-sized businesses. Their solutions enable businesses to meet the challenges associated with improving the productivity of their mobile workforces, by extracting actionable business intelligence from real-time and historical data. This role will help to facilitate the deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting an award winning SaaS application.
• Setup network environments by implementing system configuration, documentation, and enforcing system standards.
• Monitoring performance, troubleshoot network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with Senior System Engineers & Architects on network optimisation.
• Setup network monitoring / reporting using Ops Manager and other tools.
• Securing network systems by enforcing policies and monitoring access.
• Setup and monitor Site to Site IPSec tunnels to mobile carriers using either Cisco Routers or Fortigate Firewalls.
• Liaise with multiple carriers and vendors for purchases and support.
• Manage, support and improve DNS infrastructure.
• Assist in the design and documentation IP address schemes.
• Provide on call support for the network in an outage situation.
• 3+ years of proven experience as a Network Engineer.
• 3+ years experience of installation, operation and maintenance of Cisco equipment, specifically Nexus / Catalyst Switches and routers.
• Experience with installation, operation and maintenance with Dell chassis and network switches.
• Experience with installation, operation and maintenance of firewalls and load balancers, specifically Fortigate and A10.
• Excellent knowledge of all aspects of the networking stack.
• Experienced working with and troubleshooting dynamic routing protocols, specifically BGP and OSPF.
• Experienced in diagnosing & troubleshooting network infrastructure performance degradations and outages.
• Demonstrated experience performing network packet inspection, traffic analysis, performance characterisation (Wireshark, TCPdump, etc.)
• Experience working on Linux operating systems, specifically Red Hat or CentOS and Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 a distinct advantage.
• BSc computer science/engineering or similar.
• Current CCNP / FortiNet Network Security Expert and/or equivalent certification.
• Excellent communications skills to clearly articulate complex technical issues to all levels of the organization (both technical and non-technical).
• Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation.
• Experience in implementing operational automation a plus.
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or call (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.