As part of a cross functional project team the Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for assessing product issues and quickly applying the best solutions for software, networking configuration, instrumentation and workflow issues. You will have exposure to a full software development lifecycle. As part of an expanding team you will have excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and develop your career within a Global business.
- Lead a software development project which includes creating the time/resource estimation effort, regular updating of status in a project schedule, technical guidance, and mentoring less experienced software engineers
- Ability to work well with customer service technical staff to identify and document issues and the associated solutions
- Architect/design system software components for medical instrumentation platforms
- Hands on technical lead that contributes to the software development effort as well as technically leading a small team of software engineers
- Interface with other technical departments such as Systems, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering functions
- Interface with Quality, Regulatory, Marketing and Project Management
- Architect/implement/recommend new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products; leads in the implementation of more complex subsystems and systems.
- Document new design and update existing documentation with change information.
- Demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, unit testing, and commenting, driving standards within the team
- Develops automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- Collaborate with other BD resources to ensure effective design and implementation goals.
- Lead technical design reviews and code inspections. Provide clear, actionable feedback for project team members
- Assure adherence to BD development policies and software quality procedures
Whilst it is not essential that you have experience within the Medical Devices industry, this, or exposure to instrumentation or automation tools, would be highly desirable. You should have a clear understanding of design control preferably within a highly regulated or process oriented environment.
You must hold a relevant degree, or equivalent, and demonstrate knowledge of serial protocols and debugging complex software systems. You should also be confident with programming language (preferably C#, .NET or Microsoft Developer Studio) and experience with electro-mechanical instrumentation development would be a distinct advantage.
Ideally you will be a forward -thinking, confident individual who thrives within a team and needs limited daily direction. You should be committed to problem solving and demonstrate a positive and professional outlook.
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems for different needs across the healthcare continuum. But we serve all of them with one single and relentless human purpose: advancing the world of health. This single purpose drives each of our employees around the world in making a difference in the lives of millions.
We are expanding our footprint across Ireland which a new state of the art office opening in the next few months. Join us and be part of a passionate team of individuals dedicated to improving the lives of people all around the world.
Our people have discovered the difference, now its your turn!