As part of a cross functional project team the Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for building next-generation Informatics solutions encompassing deployed, cloud, and mobile applications. You will have exposure to a full software development lifecycle. As part of an expanding team you will have excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and develop your career within a Global business.
- Work independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components as assigned
- Work with team to establish requirements, specifications, and test plans for software product validation
- Contribute to project schedule generation including scope of work, duration of tasks, and order of execution
- Responsible for translating requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components
- Present/Participate in design reviews and code inspections
- Evaluate and implement solutions to assigned defect issues
- Mentor other software developers to create high quality, robust software
- Anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks
- Develop automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- Monitor work progress against schedule commitments, reports progress to leadership in a timely fashion, including when work will not be completed according to schedule milestones
- Adhere to all BD policies and software quality procedures
Whilst it is not essential that you have experience within the Medical Devices industry, this, or exposure to instrumentation or automation tools would be highly desirable. You should have a clear understanding of design control preferably within a highly regulated or process oriented environment.
You must hold a relevant degree, or equivalent, and exhibit core experience of C# - ASP.NET MVC development. You should demonstrate experience of developing Service-Oriented Architectures and Restful Interfaces, as well as exposure to databases such as MS SQL Server.
Ideally you will be a self-motivated, results-oriented individual who thrives within a team. You should be a problem solver and demonstrate a positive and professional outlook. Someone who has an excellent work ethic and commitment to achieving project goals would be well suited to this position.
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems for different needs across the healthcare continuum. But we serve all of them with one single and relentless human purpose: advancing the world of health. This single purpose drives each of our employees around the world in making a difference in the lives of millions.
We are expanding our footprint across Ireland which a new state of the art office opening in the next few months. Join us and be part of a passionate team of individuals dedicated to improving the lives of people all around the world.
Our people have discovered the difference, now its your turn!