Ammeon is a services and solutions partner that helps organisations grasp the opportunities presented by emerging technologies and maintain that leading edge. Our end-to-end set of consulting, learning and technology services and solutions enables our customers to derive value from DevOps, Cloud and related fields. We believe the future should never leave our customers behind and we are committed to realising this vision. If this sounds good to you – join us.
About the Role:
We are engaging on an exciting new development to build a cloud hosted big data processing platform. The platform will provide hugely scalable data storage and platform for real time computation and transactions based on large scale imaging and GIS data and an extensible workbench to allow users to leverage the power of their data.
We are looking for a software architect to define that baseline platform architecture and provide governance throughout the implementation.
- Understand the business requirements for system
- Define baseline architecture for data storage, distributed processing and user job definition tiers
- Leverage patterns for scalable big data solutions and cloud native architectures into the design
- Work with technical lead and team to shape realisation plan
- Provide architectural governance over implementation deliverables
- Provide significant input into the future direction of a technology platform as well as to work “hand-on” on developing the solution.
- Define the architecture and design of our large-scale high-throughput software solutions; Design new product modules for scalability;
- Assess technologies and third party products: Rapidly prototype solutions for new problems; Some “hands-on” development
- Document and Present architecture and technical solutions within the company and to customers
- Mentor Developers
- Proven experience in design of large volume clustered data storage solutions, e.g. Hadoop, MapR
- Proven experience in design of scalable high throughput software solutions
- Proven ability to assess and recommend architectures, technologies and vendors
- Ability to drive development of solutions, from architecture through design and development, including mentoring developers and “hands-on” proof of concept development
- Ability to document architectures using an agile modelling approach
- 5+ years hands-on experience with open source software platforms and programming languages, such as Java with Linux
- Experience with migrating large scale relational databases such as MySQL/PostgreSQL to Big-data ecosystem”
- A solid track record of architecting and designing large-scale high-throughput software solutions
- Proven ability to assess and recommend architectures, technologies and vendors; with an understanding of multiple options for architectures
- Very Strong communication, presentation, and documentation ability
This project will provide an opportunity for you to leverage your existing skills in the following leading edge technologies, (proven practitioner expertise in at least 3 or the 4 below is a requirement)
- Distributed in-memory data fabrics, especially Apache Ignite
- Big Data storage solutions such as Hadoop/HDFS
- High throughput message streaming tools such as Apache Kafka or NATS.io
- Cloud native deployment technologies including Docker/Rkt containers and Kubernetes
- A knowledge of public cloud application deployment in at least one of AWS, GCE or Azure
- Competitive salary
- Excellent opportunities to experiment with new technologies
- Great location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff technical talks
- Regular staff competitions
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.