IT Support Engineer will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all business users. The candidate will also be responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended within the business.
• Responsible for managing backups
• Diagnose and resolve technical issues
• Juniper network gear (Firewall rules, VPN, VLANs, NAT, basic routing).
• Support and maintain Windows Server (AD, DNS, DHCP, File Server…)
• Build, distribution, monitoring, patching and support of company laptops and server
• Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date
• Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
• Completing internal user moves including phones
• Remote Access (RDWeb + SSTP VPNs)
• Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained
• Will have responsibility to support and maintain company network infrastructure, both physical and wireless.
• VMWare - Basic standalone servers, simple management (Create VMs, Update ESXi + vCenter, permissions etc.).
• Linux - Company internal websites, service desk, repo, inventory (Basic Linux skills, Apache, MySQL, SSH)
• Office365 Support and maintenance including archiving mailboxes
• Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
• Ongoing support and updates to company sharepoint intranet site.
• Perform basic administrative support duties as required to meet specific operational objectives
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Work extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
• Provide assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
Education / Experience / Skills
• Minimum 3+ years' technical experience.
• Third level degree or equivalent in Computer Science or other relevant discipline.
• Experience and skill in troubleshooting and configuring applications.
• Experience of working with Java, C++, PHP, Python or other languages.
• Previous experience using HTML, XML, etc.
• Solid knowledge of Web Services, Linux/Unix commands and Firewalls, proxy, server side errors etc.
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Dedication and drive
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Comfortable working with local and geographically distributed teams, users and stakeholders within Ireland
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!