Description of Business Unit:
BOI is making significant momentum towards its strategic goals and Group Manufacturing business is a key driver of this momentum.
Group Manufacturing comprises of a number of critical business areas :
Group Technology and Change (GTaC) is responsible for the IT infrastructure and related services of the Group. This business is managed in two main streams, known as Run the Bank and Change the Bank . Change is responsible for the implementation and delivery of IT projects across the Group, while Run is responsible for the on-going management, maintenance and operational support of existing Group systems and infrastructure
Group Operations & Payments - provides the delivery of payment and clearing services for the Group, along with back & middle office fulfilment activities, underwriting, UK collections and print and mail.
Group Services - Group Services comprises a number of multi-faceted and varied activities delivering services across the Group. These services include management of physical properties, security, management of the ATM networks, cash management, HR & Learning Operations, loans administration, complaints and reconciliations delivery. Group Services has a close alignment with stakeholders across the Group, ensuring that there is a continued focus on delivery and cost efficiency.
The Group Manufacturing Financial Control team takes lead responsibility in ensuring that financial information is delivered to senior stakeholders across the Division on a timely basis, and to high standards of accuracy. Working closely with the Finance Business Partner team, our role is to ensure there is a continued focus on service excellence by providing commercially insightful analysis of the Division`s financial performance.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
* To take responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the General Ledger for your business unit and the delivery of high quality financial and management reporting.
* To appropriately review all financial reports and analysis ensuring that underlying processes, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice and that the appropriate supporting detail is in place to substantiate the final balances.
* To provide insightful, commercially-focused commentary on Divisions financial performance.
* To ensure compliance with all Group and Business Unit controls and standards by ensuring all applicable compliance, regulatory and audit policies and guidelines are adhered to;
* To liaise with colleagues in Financial Control, Accounting Services and the Business Partnering teams to ensure collaboration, communication and resolution of issues in a timely and efficient manner;
* To be a flexible team member by sharing knowledge and supporting continuous improvement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies, improve quality of work and create best-in-class processes and procedures;
* To support the Senior Financial Controller by providing financial and analytical support for on-going business initiatives and take the lead on specific initiatives, responsibilities and ad-hoc projects as required;
* Support line management in the learning and development of colleagues within the team to achieve common objectives;
To take personal responsibility for your own continuous development by broadening and developing your skills and capabilities
Essential Key Requirements:
* A q