We are seeking a Senior Java Developer, with suitable experience as a Backend Developer, to join an existing Software Development team engaged in designing & developing a new Java J2EE platform.
You will be part of a team of 5 Java developers building a new Java based platform to deliver high-volume transaction processing services to global clients in the financial services industry.
You will get to work within an environment utilising SOA, MSA - Microservices Architecture and developing in Java, J2EE, Linux, Oracle Database & MQ messaging technologies:
* Creating detailed technical development specifications
* Participate in, and contribute to, product design
* Design and code algorithms which are robust efficient and extendable
* Develop, test and measure the performance of implemented features
The company is migrating from an Oracle based solution to this new Java based platform and you will play a key part in developing the new solution.
Experience & Skills
You should have the following expertise:
* Extensive commercial experience in the design & development of Java / J2EE solutions
* Experience in developing microservices and/or message based solutions
* Good knowledge of MQ messaging tech (eg. Websphere, Zero MQ, Rabbit MQ, JMS, etc)
* Prior use of Spring framework
* Full development life cycle experience
* Relational databases (Oracle, SQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
* Proven track record in a technically challenging development environment, especially backend development
* Excellent communication & organisational skills, ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external customers
Salary: €55-65K + benefits
Please note that you must have EU/EEA citizenship or a valid Irish Work visa.
Key terms: Senior Software Engineer, Senior Software Developer, Senior Java Developer, Senior Java Engineer, J2EE developer, J2EE engineer, Java software engineer, J2EE software engineer, MQ, Zero MQ, Rabbit MQ, JMS, Websphere MQ, MQ series, Oracle, Unix, Linux, Java programmer, Spring framework, MQ Message software, AngularJS, SQL.