Senior SAS Analyst
realTime Recruitment are currently on the lookout for a Senior SAS Analyst for a role based in Dublin City. This is a 6-month contract to begin with. Extremely competitive daily rates are on offer for the right candidate.
This role is based within a top Client’s Risk Analytics team. Reporting to the head of Model Enablement you will be providing Risk Analytics with the tools required to build, validate and track risk models within a complex IT and data infrastructure.
The Customer Strategies team within Risk Analytics is responsible for creating, maintaining and reporting on automated credit strategies for my Client. This includes live, batch and overnight analytical processes to determine credit suitability and size for new and existing customers aligned to the Client’s risk appetite.
You will be required to:
• Implement models and strategies in a complex SAS environment;
• Demonstrate subject matter expertise in the areas of SAS tool usage and complex data structures;
• Support the wider business in the application and successful use of Risk models.
• Postgraduate qualification in a quantitative analytical or information management related discipline;
• Five years’ experience in an analytics related role;
• Extensive experience in SAS/ETL DI Studio, SAS/ Enterprise Miner, SAS/Base, SAS/Macro, SAS/STAT, SAS Web Report Studio, SAS Information Maps, SAS/Connect on a variety of hardware platforms including Sun Solaris, Linux and Microsoft windows server.
• Data management, analytical and reporting skills - extensive database experience on Oracle, DB2 or Teradata.
• Experience in managing complex scheduled batch processes;
• A proven track record of collaborative development and delivering complex analysis to non-technical stakeholders;
• Project management skills - managing a multi-layered deployment process in a complex IT environment with multiple stakeholders and agendas.
• Grid enabling SAS code;
• Optimising batch flow deployed on SAS Grid using DI Studio and schedulers;
• Experience of solving financial services-specific business challenges: impairment assessment, RARoC, collections and recoveries modelling;
• Experience in using SAS in a “cloud”- type context: executing SAS code in Hadoop, accessing analytics via web services.
Is this position of interest to you?
If so, please send a copy of your CV to Max Lane at realTime Recruitment and I will call you.
I look forward to hearing from you.