itContracting on behalf of our client is seeking applications for a DevOps Engineer, this is a permanent position based in Sandyford, Dublin.
The DevOps team ensures that delivery of code is automated and that environments can be created from scratch. The team manages and maintains the Git repository, it ensures that submitted code is integrated properly and integrated release candidates are packaged and delivered. DevOps works with the Automation Engineers to architect the Continuous Integration framework and manages its delivery. On a regular basis, the team reports on build statistics, code coverage and overall health of the source code repository. The candidates must demonstrate a need for order, efficiency, process and an inherent need to automate.
* Maintaining code repository and defining branching strategy.
* Defining and enforcing code merge process and release process.
* Promoting Release Candidates in conjunction with QA Lead.
* Directing Automation Engineers in Building out Continuous Integration infrastructure (automated builds and deployment).
* Synchronizing with the project managers to define release calendar.
* Implementing tools and reporting on repository and build health.
* Regularly reviewing code repository for clean-up and refactoring.
* Building and managing inventory of applications in the platform.
* Refining and streamlining Continuous Integration process.
* Defining KPIs and metrics for measuring repository health.
* Ensuring currency on build tools.
For further information please feel free to contact us or apply here to us. Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
itContracting is Ireland's key provider of IT Contract and Permanent Professionals.
Please be advised you will receive a semi-automated response to acknowledge receipt of your application.