My client has an opening for a strong Java Developer to join their team in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal. The successful candidate will be joining a really strong team and will be involved in the full SDLC for each project.
• Participate in the system design of Java applications;
• Independently perform hands on development and unit testing of the applications;
• Work in a team environment to deliver a project throughout the whole software development cycle
• Ensure system capacity, performance and 24x7 availability;
• Responsible to identify and resolve any performance issues;
• Follow company software development processes and standards;
• Keep up to date with new technology development and implementation
• Prepare accurate estimates for work
• Ensure that SLA’s are managed to customer expectations
• Collect metrics to ensure visibility on Pramerica achievements
• J2EE, XML, XSL, JSP,
• SQL, PLSQL(Oracle)
• Unix & Unix Scripting
• Test tools such as JUnit, SoapUI
• UI Frameworks (JSF 2/Spring MVC/JQuery/Bootstrap)
• Experience with IBM Websphere RAD
• Strong Design skills
• Producing documented requirements, developing designs, preparing /executing test plans.
• Strong Architecture skills with ability to create new and innovative solutions
• Must be able to remain focused and deliverable-oriented while working independently.
• Must provide relevant Production Support On call for the applications
• Able and willing to travel, as this position may require travel to the US from time to time.
• Able to demonstrate initiative, team skills, and hard work.
• 5 + years experience in hands on Java development;
• proven ability to design innovative solutions, and deliver quality software to strict standards and schedules through own efforts and those of others.
• Desirable to have understanding of browser bugs and incompatibilities;
• Desirable to have experience in GUI/Front End development
• Experience with leading open source frameworks and development of web services;
• Proficient with database design, SQL and stored procedures;
• Experience with some automated build tools such as Ant, Maven
• Experience with Source code repositories such as Subversion, Dimensions
• Familiarity with security industry standards is desirable;
• Experience with large financial companies preferred;
• Ability to deliver production quality software within tight schedules;
• Experience within XP, Pair programming or Test Driven Development would be an advantage;
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• BS degree in computer or related fields preferred;
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me an email back to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.