Lead Infrastructure Specialist
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee management of the technical projects, including planning, delivery and people management.
- Create schedule of continuous improvement projects and infrastructure improvements based on the needs of the client.
- Set out and QA the planned schedule of work for the team.
- Set out the required management reporting structure and process.
- Performance management / facilitate team members’ professional development.
- Maintain and enhance client relationships.
- Manage support activities for additional systems as requested by the client.
- Provide assistance for project teams as required.
- Provide detailed technical knowledge, particularly in relation to infrastructure and virtualisation technologies.
- Work with external vendors to finalise technical requirements, e.g. options for infrastructure expansion and refresh.
- Generate technical documentation, e.g. client-specific best practice guises.
- Manage the transition into relevant project team post project deployment.
- Manage the relationship with the various vendor account managers.
- A degree level qualification, preferably in Computer Science, ICT, Business Management, Commerce or Telecommunications;
- Experience of implementation of large-scale infrastructure environments:
- At least 7 years’ experience with support, maintenance, and deployment of infrastructure systems.
- At least 4 years’ experience leading 3
rd level support teams for the above systems.
- Deep understanding of designing, delivering, and maintaining scalable infrastructure solutions based on the objectives of the client.
- Experience troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis for issues from a live environment.
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies, ideally holding VMware VCP6 certification.
- Knowledge in all Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Strong UNIX capabilities (ability to navigate and administer UNIX systems).
- Strong knowledge of HP Storage (SAN) solutions – specifically 3Par, Lefthand, and P2000s.
- Strong knowledge of relevant scripting languages such as VBS and PowerShell.
- Deep knowledge of a range of infrastructure hardware types:
- HP c7000 Enclosures and Blade Servers
- HP Virtual Connect and Onboard Administrator
- HP ProLiant and Dell PowerEdge racked servers
- Experience in administration of SQL Server database instances.
- Proven ability to provide ownership of technical issues from assignment until resolution in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
In addition, candidates should:
- Be responsive to business needs, having an ability to react quickly and to deliver quality end products and services;
- Be able to analyse a problem and devise an effective solution;
- Have a strong ability to develop and manage people across many teams and disciplines;
- Possess the ability to understand technical concepts and explain them clearly to users unfamiliar with computer technology;
- Be self-motivated and direct, with the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Be able to manage performance through effective monitoring, coaching, and feedback;
- Use sound judgement to deal with situations and in communication between teams;
- Be competent with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Have the ability to identify and evaluate resources and plan for the utilisation throughout the execution of comprehensive, long range plans;
- Have the ability to devise new approaches to make improvements or to solve problems;
- Have an ability and willingness to approach solutions in a hands-on manner when required.
Candidates must demonstrate that they meet the following skills/competencies:
- Consistency and Reliability
- Commitment to Quality Delivery
- Effective Decision Making and Solid Judgement
- Contextual Awareness and Technological Competency
- Excellent People Skills and Management Ability