Junior Java Developer
Salary in the region €38-40K plus bonus and benefits
Job Reference: BBBH10114
Allen Recruitment is assisting a major international company with a growing Software Development Centre in Letterkenny, Donegal source a Junior Java Developer for one of their established teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Java Developer with at least 2 years’ commercial Software Development experience join a highly innovative company developing cutting edge applications.
Successful candidate duties will include:
- Analyse, develop, test and deploy new and/or enhance existing application or system code within established processes
- Enhance application system performance
- Create technical documentation and test plans
- Provide day to day application monitoring, reporting, and maintenance of software solutions
- Perform daily production support task and resolve production issues
- Analyse user requests to diagnose and resolve issues/queries associated with software solutions
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a global project environment
Required Skills / Experience:
- Suitable Applicants will be educated to Degree Level (in a relevant Computer Science discipline)
- Minimum of 2 years’ development experience with Java/J2EE, Struts, EJB and Hibernate on Unix based environments
- Solid development experience targeting Relational databases and SQL
- Some experience of using development IDEs such as Rational Application Developer (RAD) with WebSphere Application Server (WAS)
- Development experience in solution design, coding, debugging, deployment and post deployment support
- Experience working within Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for managing systems scope and release objectives
- Must have very good communication skills (excellent verbal and written English with the ability to produce concise documentation)
- Must be flexible to work in shifts patterns/on call as per project requirements and on weekends
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior Java Developer interested in working with a leading international company providing excellent career and skills development in a structured environment.
Interested in this role?
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) to: email@example.com
Please quote Job Reference BBBH10114