As a world-leading discount retailer we need people like you to deliver fast, accurate and efficient technology. The end result is far more than the technology itself, it’s very real. If we get it right, we feed the nation. From SAP to our innovative operating systems, we ensure that all 190 sites, almost 5,000 colleagues and millions of customers are supported by our efficient processes and systems each week. It’s a big responsibility with a big brand, but one you’ll love.
- Operating within an ITIL Service and Support environment in a shift system to meet company needs.
- Technical support and problem solving interaction with users via telephone, email and in person
- Support for both software/hardware of Windows desktop, laptop and tablet PCs, Windows servers, Apple MACs, iPads and Smart phones.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of active components.
- Implementation and maintenance of corporate security policies.
- Liaising with external service providers to deliver business requirements.
- Testing of systems and processes.
- Incident analysis and resolution.
- Creation and maintenance of procedural documentation for service provision and incident resolution.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with demonstrable service ethos and direct client facing experience.
- A 3rd level IT degree with a minimum 2.1 grade.
- Comfortable with ownership of problem analysis and resolution without team leader involvement.
- A highly committed team player who is self-motivated with good business acumen.
- Customer focused and friendly
- Be highly organised and efficient.
- Be extremely flexible and possess good work ethic.
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies.
- Very proficient in spoken and written English with an excellent phone manner.
- German language skills would be beneficial but not essential.
Technical Skill Set:
- Proficiency in Windows desktop and Windows server platforms including Active Directory required.
- Experience supporting MAC OS beneficial.
- Application skill set: McAfee AV, MS Office, Lotus Notes, NetBackup, SAP, Citrix, Active Directory.
- Experience in supporting an SAP environment is beneficial
One or more of the following qualifications would improve the candidates’ prospects:
- ITIL foundation
- MCSA or MCSE 2003/2008
- SAP ERP ECC6/EWM
In the bag
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to further your personal development through training and hands-on experience.
- The opportunity to work with a highly motivated and dynamic team in a challenging and varied environment.