Director of Data Analytics
With expertise in Data Science & Machine Learning
Role is based in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Job Reference: BBBH10107
The company is open to hiring on a permanent basis (attractive salary and package).
They are also open to engaging a day rate contractor (6 month contract).
Allen Recruitment are assisting an International Company with an established Software Development Centre in Dublin source a “Director of Data Analytics” for their operation.
Reporting into CIO level, this is a brand-new function where the successful job holder will be tasked with formulating and planning the introduction of Data Science, Machine Learning and Analytics practices into the companies’ environment.
This is a pivotal role – the successful applicant will be key to selecting appropriate technologies and techniques. They will also be tasked with hiring the best available people to execute the plan.
- Work closely with CIO and business stakeholders to construct a portfolio of analytics driven projects and programs in 2017
- Actively promote and champion the use of analytics driven projects among senior stakeholders
- Evaluate and recommend selecting appropriate technology and vendors
- Build a Center of Excellence in Analytics (and staff appropriately)
- Oversee the execution of Programs to deliver on time (and to budget)
- Extend the company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic and predictive systems
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good applied statistics skills (such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, Bayesian models, multivariate analysis etc.)
- Excellent understanding of machine learning and prediction techniques and algorithms
- Experience with applying predictive models in operational applications
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Experience with software platforms / tools for data preparation, statistics, machine learning and predictive models
- Experience with data visualisation tools
- Proficiency in using query languages
- Good applied statistics skills (such as distributions, statistical testing, regression etc.)
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Excellent Communication and Influencing skills
- Ability to operate at C-Level
- Ability to convey complex concepts to both non-technical audience and business audience
- Strategic Leadership – ability to build lead and mentor a team
- Excellence in Planning and Implementation
This is a fantastic career opportunity to work within an International company in growth mode.
Interested in this opportunity?
Email your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) to: email@example.com