As a world-leading discount retailer we need people like you to deliver fast, accurate and efficient technology. The end result is far more than the technology itself, it’s very real. If we get it right, we feed the nation. From SAP to our innovative operating systems, we ensure that all 190 sites, almost 5,000 colleagues and millions of customers are supported by our efficient processes and systems each week. It’s a big responsibility with a big brand, but one you’ll love.
As an IT Professional – Business Applications, you will have responsibility for key business applications and systems which facilitate business operations. You work closely together with your colleagues in the IT department. In Particular you are responsible for:
- Manage and maintain complex Oracle and SQL database environments,
- Provision, implementation and maintenance of business applications and systems,
- Improvement and further development of applications and systems,
- Planning and rollout of applications and systems including updates,
- Testing of applications, systems and processes,
- Act as the business key user for applications and systems you are responsible for,
- Incident analysis and resolution,
- Creation and maintenance of procedural documentation for service provision and incident resolution,
- Operating within an ITIL environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with a proven track record,
- Appropriate 3rd level qualification,
- Comfortable with ownership of problem analysis and resolution,
- A highly committed team player who is self-motivated with good business acumen.
- Customer focused and friendly,
- Be highly organised and efficient,
- Be extremely flexible and possess good work ethic,
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies,
- Very proficient in spoken and written English with an excellent phone manner,
- German language skills would be beneficial but not essential.
Technical Skill Set:
- Oracle and/or SQL certified Database Administrator,
- Microsoft Server Administration certification (W2008/W2012),
- Familiarity with server virtualisation, e.g. VMWare,
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills,
In the bag
In return we will reward you with:
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package,
- A company car (optional),
- The opportunity to further your personal development through training and hands on experience,
- The opportunity to work with a highly motivated and dynamic team in a challenging and varied environment.