SAP SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
This position is to provide architecture support across the Group Functions SAP System Landscape.
Provides technical expertise to SAP IT landscape. This includes being a trusted advisor for business and IT, providing clear technology and process direction to stakeholders and performing the technical validation of supplier solutions to ensure that they are in line with technology standards.
- Involved in the landscape strategy for the future setup of the SAP systems together with enterprise architects and SAP portfolio heads.
- Current SAP landscape includes; HR, FICO, FSCD, FSCM, FSRE, BW, BPC, SEM/BCM, Portals, Solution Manager.
- Defining Conceptual framework for the operation of SAP systems (e.g. patching strategy, data volume management, system decommissioning)
- Roadmap definition of system upgrades together with the Release Management and third party supplier (CSC)
- Ensuring best practice use of SAP tools in order to manage & support landscape (e.g. Solution Manager)
- Ensure architectural design principles are defined, followed and reviewed.
- Ensure that architecture roadmaps are aligned with wider group strategies (Business and IT).
- Occasionally work outside of SAP domain on wider IT Services architecture initiatives.
KEY TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Supports the individual SAP platform Manager with
- Client concepts
- Archiving strategy for the individual systems
- Upgrade strategies
- SAP High-Availability strategy including back-up and recovery, implementation and testing
- Platform decommissioning
- Sizing and capacity planning
- Anonymization Concept for SAP application, based on Data Protection requirements
- Coordinate SAP engagements in other segments or Business areas, to analyse the impact on the existing SAP systems within to advise on an application design integration
- Help to analyse the impact of new technology for the individual platforms. (e.g. HANA, Linux)
- Support driving SAP best practices standards across Landscape. Ensure efficient and maintainable solution
- Proactively engage stakeholders to identify opportunities for business process optimization
- Define together with enterprise architecture and SAP landscape head, a multi-year ERP vision/strategy for the organization by aligning SAP technology with business Goals
- Work with the operational teams on root-cause analysis of operation issues and develop mitigating solutions in alignment with in-flight strategies and roadmaps.
- Works closely with all areas of the IT Services and ASD organizations and collaborates to share best practice and achieve common ways of working
- Works with peers and the wider GIT to ensure that service is measured, performed and managed effectively and that improvement programs are accepted and deliver required results
- Good connections to the SAP
TRAVEL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Limited travel might be required
- Very well experienced in SAP Basis tasks and infrastructure (Linux, DB2)
- Experienced in global SAP basis and infrastructure programs
- Used to project work and project environment
- Highly proactive, and being able to work with no supervision
- Experience in working with multi-cultural environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic human relations skills to interface with managers and staff within the organization.
- Experience working as part of global, distributed and virtual teams.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a technical architect.
- Ability to find the art-of-the possible / pragmatic solutions where time/cost/complexity constraints preclude the “ideal” solution.
- Ability to understand functional interface and program requirements and develop standardized solutions
- Ability to quickly identify and analyse technical risks & impacts, define alternatives to remove technical roadblocks
- Knowledge and understanding of current planning techniques and technologies
- Knowledge of Cloud architectures and hybrid Cloud integration.
- Strong SAP Basis and infrastructure knowhow
- Good Solution Manager knowhow
- Written and spoken English and German skills preferred
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office products
- Minimum 5 years of experience in SAP ERP implementations
- Minimum 2 end-to-end projects in implementing SAP (at least 1 is global)
- Minimum 5 years of functional experience in respective domain
- Solid functional / technical understanding of SAP HANA and of the customer needs
- Good working knowledge of UML is desirable.