VP of Software Engineering
We have a very exciting opportunity with a world-class start-up based in Dublin for an experienced and motivated VP of Software Engineering who is driven to deliver. Despite being recently founded, it is incredibly well-funded and this funding has allowed it to acquire significant IP as well as providing significant runway.
The development team in Dublin is augmented with an offshore team in Europe that will also have to be managed, so experience with offshoring/outsourcing is essential. The total team size will be approximately 20 in Dublin with a further 15 offshore.
So, if you have broad operational experience, are used to working in a dynamic start-up environment, know how to build a geographically dispersed team, motivate and direct it and are open to new challenges, then this is the role for you.
• You must be eligible to live and work in Ireland on application
• You should have at least 10 years’ industry experience of the full SDLC
• You should have over 5 years’ experience leading software development teams
• A proven track record of product delivery is essential
• Focused on Delivery – “every day is sacred” should be your mantra
• Experience with Agile/Scrum teams is essential
• Experience with CI/CD is highly desirable
• High aptitude at setting goals and motivating teams towards delivery
• A hands-on, problem-solving attitude is vital
• Educated to a Degree level in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline