Security Engineer - Virtualisation experience
ROLE AND CONTEXT
Our client is looking for a Senior Security Engineer/IT Systems Integrator to plan, deploy & support global IT Security infrastructure projects.
The successful candidate can look forward to working in a global engineering team tasked with deploying exciting new security technologies to the global IT infrastructure in the fight against new & emerging security threats.
This position is ideally suited for a candidate with VMware deployment & management experience looking to expand their horizons into information security.
Security Engineer responsibilities:
- Work with IT Architecture teams to produce low level designs, proof of concepts & technology roadmaps.
- Support project management colleagues in development of project scheduling, deployment plans, & stakeholder management.
- Analyse technical solutions end to end to determine the most effective delivery approach, estimate timelines and costs for security solutions.
- Serve as technical lead for technologies throughout the life of projects.
- Execute first time right product installation & configuration.
- Successfully hand off operations responsibility to the relevant support teams
- Consult with and advise local business units on issues from best security practice, technical issues with existing technologies etc.
- Occasionally travel (<5%) to regional/global hubs or for vendor conferences/training.
- Continuously improve engineering processes through automation & process refinement.
Experience & Skills:
5+ years’ experience working in a global IT environment in a systems integration or deployment role with 2+ years’ experience managing deployments on virtual infrastructure (VCE Vblock, VMware vSphere etc.), capacity & utilisation planning for virtual infrastructure.
- Virtualisation skills – Intermediate/Advanced
- IT Security skills – Intermediate
- Networking skills – Intermediate
- Operating Systems (Win/*nix) – Intermediate/Advanced
- Stakeholder management – Intermediate
- Project Coordination – Beginner/Intermediate
- Communication & presentation skills – Intermediate
- Planning & Organisation skills - Intermediate
Desired behaviours & traits:
- Excellent problem-solving ability with effective debugging of complex systems.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly with senior stakeholders
- Strong documentation and reporting skills.
- Results focused.
Vendor/Platform experience preferred:
- Implementation of product installation, configuration, migration & troubleshooting of networking and security equipment (minimum 2) from:
- Intrusion detection/prevention systems
- Firewalls (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto)
- Network switches (Cisco ACI, Nexus)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection/AV
- Wireless networking equipment
- Log management (Splunk, RSA Security Analytics or similar)
- Virtualisation (VMWare, HyTrust)
- Identity management
- Data loss prevention
Relevant Industry Certificates:
Although no specific certificates are required, candidates with a history of continual professional development are preferred.
The following qualifications are highly desirable:
- VMware – VCP-DCV or higher
- Microsoft – MSCA or MCSE
- Other vendors specific certificates are also applicable
Information Security certificates, any of:
· CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA, OffSec, SANS