NETWORK SERVICES SME
Manage and monitor supplier commitment and performance and contribute to the development of contracts, policies, and procedures, to ensure delivery of business aligned services in compliance with contractual obligations and policies and procedures.
- Effectively maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Monitor the compliance of the organization and the suppliers with obligations in the agreement.
- Monitor the delivery of the suppliers against the appropriate level of commitment in the agreement.
- Oversee all contract-related policies and procedures.
- Propose amendments to the contract as necessary in order to meet the organization's evolving business needs.
- Work with G-IT and all of the organization to deliver business-aligned services.
- Ensure that the team is operating effectively according to defined responsibilities where appropriate.
- Support the implementation of the organization's sourcing strategy.
- Communicate with stakeholders to set proper expectations and properly manage perceptions about sourced services and the sourcing strategy.
- Define sourcing and end-user policies and procedures.
- Define, communicate and track the sourcing scorecard.
- Support line manager in contract negotiation, development and termination.
Additional Job Functions
- Improves the quality of the IT service output and performance
- Meets objectives
- Delivers service improvement programs successfully
- Receives positive and improves customer/employee feedback from surveys, reporting and escalation
- Manage local IT budgets where appropriate, ensuring services are managed to defined cost objectives, and utilize established financial systems to track internal IT budgets and/or supplier contracts, and highlight variances in order to manage and control specific cost variables.
- Contribute to IT project planning to ensure all operational aspects are considered and addressed, and lead local work streams or change projects to ensure adherence to project timescales and budgets, and compliance to operational process and policy.
- Provide advisory services to internal business customers on a daily basis, by being the local focal point of contact for IT issues, and ensure adherence to DR&BC plans and to the company´s risk and compliance processes.
- Monitor relevant service delivery KPIs and supplier performance metrics, analyze key themes and trends and make recommendations to support operational decision-making and service improvement.
- Identify necessary improvement actions by researching best practice, reviewing and analysing detailed business models, and facilitating ´cause and effect´ workshops with the business, to support senior management in developing and improving IT processes and systems.
- Assess complex customer IT issues, lead incident response locally (escalating where necessary), and evaluate the unique needs of local customers by applying technical techniques and know-how to recommend a solution.
- Work closely with business partners to ensure IT services and solutions meets business requirements, and advise senior management to support change through understanding and insight in order to have an impact on local business performance.
- Build relationships with suppliers, support managers in contract negotiation, development and termination, and monitor supplier delivery to ensure performance levels meet SLAs (service level agreements)/contractual obligations and are business and end-user aligned.
- Identify gaps where technical services are not configured to deliver the required business service levels, and work with service owners and suppliers to implement improved solutions.
- Work with the business to ensure disaster recovery capability meets BU requirements, including planning, performance of testing, and setting up IT services at DR sites in coordination with the business.
- Oversee all supplier contract-related policies and procedures, proposing amendments to contracts as necessary in order to meet evolving business needs.
Performance Management Accountabilities
- Oversee the operational workload of team; ensuring allocated staff are fully utilized in order to deliver against agreed programme of work.
- Model behaviours that demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
- Provide input into performance management discussions of project team members. Educate team members and business partners on area of technical expertise. Provide guidance and support for team members. Take action to manage own personal development and encourage others to do the same.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration and 3 or more years of experience in related field
- Experience working in an environment with Cisco Router, Switches, Wireless, Riverbed WAN Optimization and F5 Load Balancers.
- Functional understanding of VOIP, QoS, IP Routing, ACI/SDN, Multicast and Netflow technologies.
- Experience dealing with technical problems involving multiple teams, variables and situations.
- Ability to digest performance/capacity reports and work with stakeholders and supplier to develop strategic/tactical plans based on the information provided in the reports.
- Writing and reviewing RFP/SOW’s.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration/Information Technology and 5 or more years of experience in related field.
- Master’s Degree a plus.
- Cisco CCNA, CCDA or equivalent networking certification.
- ITIL-Foundation Certification