Deskside Support Engineer
Excellent permanent opportunity available for a Deskside Support Engineer. The Successful Deskside Support Engineer will work for a high profile client in Dublin City Centre. This would be an initial 2 month contract starting Immeditely.
Why would I be interested in this Job?
- Work for one of Irelands largest managed services provider.
- Excellent daily rates
- High profile client
- Immedite Start
What will I do as a Desktop Support Engineer?
- Provide 2nd line remote and desk side support services to end users.
- Troubleshoot PC related problems either via phone, remote tools or desk side support.
- Build, configuring and troubleshoot PC and laptop applications and hardware components.
- Facilitate a warranty repair with the relevant hardware vendor.
- Perform ad-hoc deployment and/or on-site installation of workstation hardware and/or software.
- Perform coordination of workstation asset recovery.
- Maintenance of workstation/workstation spare parts break/fix, upgrades and new hires.
- Complete incidents and requests within SLA in pressurised environment.
- Ensure tickets are updated on a daily basis.
- Support meeting room environment and video conferencing, as needed.
- End-User Data back-up and restoration, as needed
What do I need to become a Desktop Support Engineer?
- 2+ years hand on commercial desktop support experience in a busy IT environment
- Commercial experience in remote PC fault diagnosis/troubleshooting
- Strong troubleshooting skills with PC hardware
- Strong Windows OS and Microsoft Office suite experience
- Experience with MAC an advantage
- Excellent communication skills