Join FINCAD – A specialized financial technology vendor and industry leader in the enterprise risk and valuation space. Working at FINCAD provides exposure to a breadth of challenging industry problems and the opportunity to help build a high growth global company. Imagine getting to work in a dynamic business with smart, passionate and hard-working colleagues helping build world-class solutions to solve complex derivatives valuation and risk problems for our customers. FINCAD serves more than 1,000 organizations across the globe through its offices in London, Dublin, New York and Vancouver. To learn more about FINCAD's award-winning solutions, please visit www.fincad.com.
What We Will Ask of You
As a key member of the Client Services (CS) team, the Solutions Developer will help design and develop business solutions for our customers based on FINCAD’s award winning platform for valuation and risk measurement of financial derivatives. You will also work closely with our EMEA sales teams to demonstrate and design solutions for current and potential customers using our FINCAD technology. You will play a key role in establishing credibility and confidence with FINCAD prospective clients and partners by leveraging your technical knowledge to drive the vision of FINCAD’s value through its product solutions, services and thought leadership.
Specifically this role will be expected to:
· Provide solution development expertise in the pre-sales process to prospective customers and partners through customer sales presentations, product demonstrations, webinar facilitation, and discovery workshops.
· Understanding customer requirements for application development using FINCAD technologies, including taking account of their enterprise IT environment.
· Use your “can do” attitude to find innovative solutions for customers and FINCAD by developing reusable Proof of Concepts (POCs) to support pre-sales and Professional Services engagements.
· Effectively understand and analyze customer business requirements and assist with proposal development.
· Develop and implement solution deliverables in timely and efficient manner either independently or as part of larger project implementations. Work with FINCAD Service Partners where they are assisting customers in such work.
· Work very collaboratively with Sales, Client Services, Product Management and R&D to champion solutions for customer business needs and resolve critical customer issues.
- Travel (an estimate of 25%) to customer locations and/or other FINCAD office locations to deliver FINCAD services
• Advanced degree (Bachelors or Masters) in a technical discipline (i.e. computer science, software engineering, physics).
• 1-3 years’ experience with hands-on software development, ideally in the financial services industry.
• Strong object oriented programming skills and hands on development experience with technologies such as C#/.Net, Java, Python, C++ and other API related technologies.
• Strong understanding of core computer science concepts including multi-threading, memory management, system performance, managed language concepts (e.g. Garbage Collection) and Non-Managed language concepts (e.g. memory leak, pointers, etc.)
• Keen interest to learn by working with a variety of customer specific contexts and an ability to manage deliverables across multiple projects.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills with an ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences.
• Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and performance-driven environment.
• Detail oriented with good project planning and organizational abilities.
• A passion for working with customers to find the right solutions to meet their needs.
Would Be Great If You Also Have
· Previous Pre-Sales, Consulting and/or Professional Services experience in the FinTech and/or in the Financial industry.
At Fincad you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside smart, driven people who work hard to build something that matters. The learning is continuous and work-life balance is achievable through a generous vacation policy. Want to learn more? Check out our careers page http://www.fincad.com/about-fincad/careers
If this sounds good to you, what are you waiting for? Apply now!