Main responsibility of the IT Support Specialist will be to provide Level 1 support to Cork users and Level 2 support to IT team and ensure the user’s requests are dealt with in a timely manner
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to user requests logged via the helpdesk ticketing system or over the phone in a timely fashion and be capable of prioritizing requests correctly.
- Management and maintenance of Windows Server 2008/2012R2 environment including Virtualization, Active Directory, Exchange, WSUS, DFS operations.
- Remote administration of Backups, WU, Security, etc. for Kentech international offices.
- Work on a range of issues including but not limited to network connectivity, peripheral connectivity, back-up, backup tapes, recovery, disk space, firewalls, anti-virus, applications, printers, desk phones and file permissions.
- Installation & troubleshooting of hardware, LAN and Windows environment for Kentech Group site/branch offices.
- Troubleshooting of basic telephony issues for Cisco phones and provide assistance, where required, in reaching out the required support
- Provide daily support to end users on hardware including applications and OS for all installed IT systems.
- Order and stock office supplies when necessary and look after IT inventory.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentations for IT policies and procedures.
- Provide necessary assistance/support to seniors and IT management as additional activities need to be performed against services running on servers.
- Full driving licence
- Speak English natively
- 3+ yrs. experience in an Information Technology environment specializing in service and technical support
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2010, Windows 7, Office 2010
Number of years post qualification experience: N/A
Number of years relevant industry experience: 5+
Number of years relevant experience in the role: 3+
Number of years overseas experience: N/A