Software Development Manager
Principle on behalf of their client are looking for a Software Development Manager to join their rapidly growing team of architects and developers to build the next generation of software products in the healthcare field.
* Are you passionate about great design (architecture, code, user interface)?
* Do you always deliver on commitments?
* Do you love new technology?
* Would you make a big impact in a rapidly growing Dublin division?
The right candidate will have at least 3 years' experience managing software development teams and demonstrate a track record of product delivery in a large scale SaaS environment.
We use agile methodologies in the SAFe framework. We use Clojure and cutting edge technologies to create the best solutions in the industry. And most importantly, we love what we do!
* Drive departmental decisions to achieve team and company objectives
* Manage software development team
* Monitor good software engineering techniques to reduce coding errors and ensure robust, efficient solutions
* Participate in recruitment to expand development team.
* Responsible for the management, training and development of the team. You will act as leader, mentor and facilitator for the team.
* Review existing development practices and ensure best development practice and principles are adhered to.
* Oversee all phases of the software development lifecycle with emphasis on quality, performance, design and best practices
* Review specifications; provide feedback to the Product Management team
* Review code and test cases, providing feedback to developers
* Attendance at daily stand up meeting and release planning sessions
* 10+ years in software development
* 3+ years in software development management
* Previous experience or a strong interest in functional programming
* Experience developing scalable, high performance systems
* Advocate of best practice with a passion for technology
* Experience in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review and design of software, including technical review and analysis of source code
* Working knowledge of relational databases, web services, and software testing
* BS in Computer Science or related discipline, MS preferred
* Comfortable working across the full application stack
* Experience with OpenStack and/or AWS
The role offers a highly competitive salary that will reflect your level of experience.
For further details on this Software Development Manager job email CV in confidence to Audrey Hughes in Principle HR or call direct line 01 603 5072.