LAN Engineer , for Infrastructure Operations, Technology Services, Group Technology and Change - Bank of Ireland - Group Manufacturing
Infrastructure Operations, part of Technology Services has overarching responsibility for the IT Infrastructure that supports all aspects of the Group`s business, including Voice Services, Networking, Data Centre Services and End-User Experience. A position has arisen for a LAN Engineer to work with the team in managing, architecting and operation of the network services.
The successful candidate will work in a dynamic environment with responsibility for all aspects of LAN Operations within the network tower. They will be responsible for providing assurance that the LAN Technology is being managed effectively by our partners using best practice industry standards.
The successful candidate should have strong network background and experience in delivering/managing network installs as well as troubleshooting complex network issues.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following aspects:
* Responsiblefor ensuring that all LAN network components are managed effectively through strict Change Control, Asset Management and Capacity Management processes
* Take overall responsibility for ensuring the availability, performance and security of network services within agreed service levels; lead the development of procedures and standards for infrastructure operations
* Work with our partners to investigate and resolve problems for services within his/her own area of responsibility
* Validating and ensuring that all components are patched to the agreed level and fully compliant to security standards
* Responsible for analysing and documenting the current estate, including keeping the documentation current as the estate changes
* Development and monitoring of daily operations metrics
* Work effectively with vendors to resolve issues, escalating issues with the vendor as needed
* Review the details of services in transition to production and ensure appropriate support is in place
* Serve as a liaison between other technical staff, management, users and vendors regarding service requests, change management and other technical matters (including incident management)
* Maintain & monitor standards, controls, processes and solutions, to minimise business and IT risk.
* Ensure full compliance with all Group, Legal and Regulatory requirements and standards.
* Support Management through positive and proactive participation within the team and active collaboration with colleagues across GTaC as appropriate
What You Can Expect in Return:
What a great time to join us! We are going through a period of significant change which will provide a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us. Every organisation will tell you that their people are their most prized asset - we`ll tell you that too. The difference is however, we prove it - through commitment to nurturing, encouraging, challenging and training our people. On top of a great career path, we can offer you a range of benefits such as discounted VHI, FREE banking, preferential rates on loans and financial products, holiday and insurance funds, generous annual leave and staff offers. We also have many sports & social clubs, award winning LearningZone training and development opportunities to get involved in volunteering and collecting for charities through our Give Together initiative.
The ideal candidate will possess