Digital Planet is Ireland's leading Cloud Services Provider, providing flexible, secure and highly available systems to a wide range of Irish and international clients. Digital Planet is seeking an experienced network engineer/architect to join our team based out of our head office in Cherrywood, Dublin. This role involves design, implementation & support of our cloud LAN & WAN infrastructure across multiple datacentres as well as those of our customers - the successful candidate will have ownership of all Digital Planet networks & a responsibility for developing the quality & reliability of these networks while meeting evolving business requirements. The successful candidate will need to work with peers from other teams to determine & implement innovative solutions to help Digital Planet's continued expansion.
* Minimum 6-8 years' experience in a hands-on networking role, including firewalls, routers & switches as well as datacentre network design.
* A logical approach (backed by strong experience) to troubleshooting complex network & firewall issues
* In-depth knowledge of and experience with dynamic routing protocols including BGP & OSPF
* Experience of Cisco Nexus (L2/L3) switches, ASR routers & ASA firewalls
Ability to design resilient, scalable & secure network solutions to meet specific requirements
* Any of the following certifications are desirable: CCIE, CCNP (Routing / Switching), CCSP, CISSP.
* Some experience with virtualisation technologies & SDN would be an advantage
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* Ability to take ownership of issues & follow through to resolution
* Proven ability to work well under pressure
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to confidently present solutions you have designed
* Ability to act as a mentor to more junior team members
For further information please send your CV. Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Evros are Ireland's key provider of IT Contract and Permanent Professionals.
Please be advised you will receive an automated response to acknowledge receipt of your application.