Our client is offering a challenging job in a growing international company, an opportunity to expand your business knowledge by working with prestigious clients in complex financial and technological systems, and a friendly and fast-paced environment.
Additionally, they are proud to offer their employees competitive compensation, vacation and health insurance benefits. Our client, a global financial services firm is currently looking for a Java Developer to contribute to a strategic development stream relating to their growing Fund of Fund services offering.
The individual in this position will participate in a stream of work to progress an internal core services platform, create a new internal reference data system and develop application integration solutions within the business unit.
Responsibilities will include new functionality development, systems support for the related systems, and ownership of system releases and upgrade support as required.
The position will be based in their global development centre in Dublin and may require some international travel to other locations.
1. Organizational Relations:
This position reports to the IT Technical Lead, situated in Dublin. The team is a global team of IT professionals that are responsible for the development and support of IT applications that support the Fund Services division of the company. The developer will interact additionally with business analysts, service desk staff and other technical staff.
2. Principal Accountabilities:
• Development of new services for fund data, pricing and reporting (full stack; DB, Services, UI)
• Application integration development and data transfer support (TIBCO Business Works)
• Systems documentation and knowledgebase management for support efficiencies
• Participation in take-on of system knowledge, and subsequent ownership of specific modules
• Contribution to automated build and deployment process
3. Education, Experience & Skills:
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented concepts
• Experience of Web Services, SOAP and REST using either XML or JSON
• Familiar with Dependency Injection, ORM, MVC, SOA concepts and patterns.
• Enthusiastic about technology and demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
• 2-3 years development experience ideally in web or business process application design and development using Java, .NET or equivalent
• 2 years minimum experience in database development in SQL Server, Oracle or equivalent
• Must have excellent communication skills and must be able present diagnostic, troubleshooting steps and conclusions to a varied audience
• Excellent listening and analytic skills
• Excellent telephone techniques/customer service skills
• Excellent oral/written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment
• Must be able to work independently with limited direction and moderate supervision.
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or similar discipline, or the equivalent education and experience.
• Java: Spring MVC, Hibernate, iBatis
• Web Services: Apache CXF, AXIS, REST \ SOAP, JSON \ XML
• MS SQL Server: schema design, stored procedures, functions, views, indexes
• Application Integration and ETL: SSIS, WMB, TIBCO BW, data replication
Additional Beneficial Attributes/Skills:
• Knowledge of Hedge Funds or Financial systems industry domain experience
• Enterprise Application Integration experience
• Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
• RIA frameworks, e.g. Ext JS, Angular
• Messaging experience: queue and middleware technologies
• Experience of Agile, SCRUM, KANBAN methodologies
To apply for the Java Developer role please contact Ian Donnelly on 01 662 1000.