We are currently recruiting for an Experienced Enterprise Support Engineer for a Limerick based Client. This position will be responsible for the support of storage and virtual environments (including the company’s private Cloud) for enterprise clients.
This role will report directly to the Head of IT Services and requires an individual who is highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure by handling multiple assignments simultaneously, as well as learning new skills and procedures along the way. This person should be experienced with implementing server virtualisation solutions, including various replication and disaster recovery technologies, along with broad skills in other supporting enterprise technologies.
The Company provides continuous support for engineers to further their level of industry based certification and the company has a very strong mentoring culture.
Key Responsibilities for the Enterprise Support Engineer:
- Point of escalation as part of the support team to address and solve Client’s technology issues, including concerns related to implementation or integration with legacy customer infrastructure.
- Enterprise preventative maintenance, Documentation, Reporting and Alerting
- IT Management / Advisory for Enterprise Clients
- Formulating plans of resolution utilising all technical resources available.
- Work with staff to promote, develop, and maintain a positive experience for the Client.
- Assist in evaluating new technologies, services and processes to meet the objectives for each site.
- Participate in departmental training activities including training programs in support of new technologies, procedures, and customer service enhancements.
- Support of Virtual Environments.
- Support of SAN Environments.
- Support Internal and Cloud Environment
- Assist presales account managers with technical questions or proposal generation.
- Additional projects as required such as preparing system and user documentation and testing.
- Ad hoc Remote and Internal Project work
- Escalation to Out of Hours Support Engineer
- Support of switching, routing & firewalling
Technical Requirements & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years hands-on experience in the rollout and management of storage and virtualisation solutions
- Hands on (demonstrable) experience with VMware ESX Server or Hyper-V
- Technical Certifications (Microsoft, CISCO, VMware)
- Storage Certified (Dell, EMC, Hitachi or NetApp)
- Setup, operation and troubleshooting of TCP/IP networking
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Change Control management
- Incident Management
To apply or to discuss this position in confidence, please Matthew email@example.com