REED are currently hiring for a Solutions Architect (Infrastructure) role whereby the successful candidate will be required to perform a key role within our clients company. We are looking for Infrastructure solutions architects that have been in involved in designing cloud based managed solutions, data centre solutions and SAN/Storage.
What you will do:
The successful candidate will possess experience of complex bid environments and processes and of all stages of the solutions lifecycle from sales qualification, solutions design and approval, contract negotiation to transition into service delivery is required,
The Solutions Architect will work directly with the Sales team and Technical Services teams to identify, qualify and pursue new business opportunities, drawing on internal and wider solutions experience to support architectural and strategic initiatives within new and existing customer account.
They will establish and maintain an excellent relationship with customers and colleagues alike and will operate in a trusted strategic advisor role, will be an influencer with leadership skills, effective in engaging with customers, colleagues and suppliers at different levels to develop
- The Solutions Architect will have worked within a pre-sales role for a minimum of 5 - 8 years and will have a demonstrable track record of success in the design and delivery of complex integrated technical and service solutions and the following competencies;
- Highly experienced in working in a Sales support role to build a pipeline in target accounts and ensure that our client is positioned appropriately to engage successfully on identified and qualified opportunities
- Development and maintenance of a comprehensive understanding of IT market trends, products, services and propositions across technical disciplines, for example IT, Network and Applications, and sectors for example; Irish Public, Private, Commercial, Third Sector and Financial Services.
- Drafting of detailed functional and technical specifications
- Identification of functional requirements and definition of high level IT strategies and based on consulting practices and methods.
- Design and delivery of proof of concepts
- Solutions development and capability positioning in formal proposal form in response to RFI/RFP/ITTs
- Estimation and costing of resources and effort required to deliver identified service requirements.
- Development of strong and effective relationships with senior business stakeholders within key customer accounts.
- Effective time management and prioritisation. Ability to work on own or part of a larger team.
- Experience of fulfilling a Technical Design Authority role on programmes and projects providing technical governance and input and guidance to aligned project teams to maintain standard of capability and delivery
- Delegation of work appropriately and effectively to technical and downstream resources and management to successful completion.
Essential Technical Knowledge / Skills
- Data Centre technologies
- Server and storage hardware architectures and solutions
- IT Infrastructure Consolidation and optimisation
- Cloud Services such as IaaS, PaaS and Private / Public Cloud
- Mobile Computing
- Directory Services
- Mail, Messaging and collaboration
- Operating Systems (Server and Client)
- Desktop technologies
- Systems Management Monitoring
The following skills and attributes are deemed desirable:
- Knowledge and understanding of Applications development
- A Background in in an IT Outsourcing environment or an IT Managed Service environment could be highly advantageous
- Knowledge and understanding of Networking and telephony
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Security.
- Experience of Irish public sector bids
- Experience of Irish private sector bids (Enterprise Organisations)